U15’s home to North Leigh :: 29-11-16 17:09:45 UTC :: posted by Julian Clarke

H&H U15’s prevail in an exhilarating match against North Leigh to move up to second in the league

27th November 2016 Oxford Mail Youth League- Harwell and Hendred U15’s Home to North Leigh

Starting Line up: Cameron, Brian, Josh, Ben, Archie, Ciaran (capt) Dan, Zac, Jaja, Fish, Subs: Tom, Matt

With North Leigh kicking off the first half and attacking the club house end, they soon found themselves under pressure from H&H who had several threatening attacks at the North Leigh goal, the breakthrough came on 9 minutes, from a neat pass from Jack, Jaja outpaced the North Leigh defender and coolly slid the ball under the advancing keeper to score the first goal of the game. From the restart H&H again pressured North Leigh and 3 minutes later Jaja scored his and H&H’s 2nd goal, a beautifully timed through ball from Zac enabled him to put the ball past the keeper into the net. H&H kept up the pressure on North Leigh and Dan was nearly rewarded with a goal after 14 minutes, his well struck shot just going over the bar.

North Leigh finally got into the game and for a few tense minutes laid siege on the Harwell goal, but were unable to breach the well organised H&H defence. With about 16 minutes to half time Fish bamboozled the North Leigh defence, his quick shot was saved by the keeper. A few minutes later H&H made a substitution, Matt coming on to replace Jack on the right side of midfield, neat passing from H&H saw the ball come to Fish his instinctive quick shot was deflected away for a corner, Zacs deep corner from the right was met at the far post by Ciaran’s head and the ball ended up in the net, 3 nil H&H. With 6 minutes to go to half time Fish was finally rewarded for his hard work and perseverance with a goal, his neat footwork creating space and his well struck shot found the back of the net 4 nil H&H, 2 minutes later and Fish could have added to his tally, his shot saved by the keeper, a minute to go to half time and Archie picked the ball up in defence and went on a run, going past a couple of North Leigh players he threaded a pass through to Fish, the resulting shot just clearing the bar.

Half time 4 nil H&H Half time substitution: Tom on for Brian at left back.

H&H kicked off the second half and almost immediately they were on the back foot, North Leigh were determined to get on the score sheet and with 5 minutes played North Leigh scored their first goal. H&H made a substitution, Jack coming back on to replace Dan with Matt going into midfield. North Leigh continued to harass the H&H defence and soon scored a second goal from a corner to make the game very interesting and possibly the main game on Match of the Day 2 (if only the cameras had been present) H&H were now looking a little shell shocked, from being in complete command in the first half, H&H were now resorting to desperate measures to thwart persistent North Leigh assaults on the H&H goal. With quarter of an hour of the second half played North Leigh made their new found superiority tell and scored a third goal to bring the score to 4-3. H&H needed to do something quickly, slowly H&H regained their composure and started to retain possession of the ball, a throw in on the left from Tom to Jaja saw him cut in to the penalty area, his strike put behind by a defender for a corner which North Leigh cleared. H&H now had a period of dominance themselves and took the game to North Leigh. A goal kick from Cameron was flicked on by Ciaran resulting in Jaja chasing a down 50/50 ball with the keeper who managed to clear the danger, Dan slotted a pass through to Fish his shot was parried by the keeper, unfortunately Zac was unable to get onto the loose ball, a minute later and Jaja had a shot which hit the crossbar.

Eventually H&H made their hard work and dogged determination tell with Zac finishing off some good work with H&H’s 5th goal. H&H made a defensive substitution with Brian coming back on to replace Tom at left back. Even with a 2 goal lead and minutes to go, H&H were not about to let up on North Leigh and searched for another goal, a few half chances came and went, then finally after a bit of a goal mouth scramble Jaja managed to stab the ball into the back of the net for his hat trick, immediately the referee blew his whistle to end this enthralling and pulsating game.

Final score: Harwell & Hendred 6 – North Leigh 3

Scorers: Jaja 3, Ciaran, Fish, Zac

No comments have been made yet.
<<< Prev 1 Next >>>

Add Comment
Email (optional)
Remember me
:: Comment ::
Bold Italic Underline Strikethrough Subscript Superscript Font color Font Family Font Size Left Align Center Align Right Align Teletype Horizontal Line Marquee Quote Flash Image Image E-mail link hyperlink List
Characters Left
Security Code (copy the security code from the image above)
Password (admins only)
Powered by Fusion News © 2006 - 2010, FusionNews.net.