<< Prev 1 2 329 30 31 32 Next >>

Thatcham Tornados v H&H U13s

Posted by Tony Lundyates on 05-10-11 21:24:45 UTC category 7


The U13s travelled to Thatcham Tornados on a scorching afternoon aiming to get their first competative win of the season in the Berks & Bucks Cup.
The hosts kicked off into the breeze and soon had the first chance following a half cleared corner.  H&H gradually started to take control of midfield and create chances and deservedly took the lead on 16 minutes as Charlie capitalised on a poor goal kick to fire home over the keeper's head.  There was a further chance for Josh after a surging run down the left by Fin before a much needed drinks break midway through the half.  Another Thatcham goalkick nearly produced another goal as Charlie's shot shaved the far post. Thatcham produced a brief spell of pressure on the half hour but didn't seriously test Ethan's goal. Just before the interval H&H increased their lead when a corner from the right was cleared to the edge of the box where Matt Rawlings drilled home a low shot.
Half Time Thatcham Tornados 0-2 H&H
After the break the game was more end to end for the first ten minutes but the tie was put out of Thatcham's reach when Charlie fired over the keeper from distance for the third goal.  This knocked the stuffing out of the home team and there was time for Harry to convert a fourth before another drinks break.  Ollie G then earned a penalty which Sam fired off the top of the crossbar to safety but the relief was short-lived as Harry's shot produced a great save from the home keeper.  From the resulting corner Liam shot through a forest of legs to score past the unsighted keeper.  Ethan produced his only save of the afternoon in the last five minutes as Thatcham searched for a consolation but the H&H defense held out to progress into Round Two. 
Full Time Thatcham Tornados 0-5 H&H

tell a friend :: comments 0

Match Report

Posted by Martin Barham on 04-10-11 15:14:59 UTC category 5



2/10/11.  Under 11’s v Drayton Wasps (Home League Cup – 1st Round Match).


Team Sheet:  Paddy Maddock (GK),  Calum Sykes, Maili Nugent, Tom Cooper,

Harvey Dunsdon, James McFarland, Samuel Barham, Ricky Mullins, Scott Webb,

Jack Cooper, Cody Mitchell.

Esmond Martin (sub), Josh Legge (sub).


 A very warm, sunny day for early October greeted these two sides for this First Round

Cup-Tie.  The lovely weather clearly contributed to the fact that a large number of spectators had assembled to support their respective clubs.


With only just two minutes gone, the home side went ahead, the lively Cody quick to glance the ball home following a cross from Jack after good work by Tom.  Ricky and Harvey looking solid in defence as the visitors tried to get back on terms.  At this stage, Drayton had two attempts which both went wide.    The home side were clearly looking more dangerous when they went forward.  It was no surprise that they went further ahead. A long, high ball projected  by Samuel from distance deceived the keeper as it bounced towards him.  He was unable to hold the bounce and the ever alert Cody took full advantage.   With barely five minutes gone, H&H found themselves two goals in front.  Samuel, looking for the ball at every opportunity, added to the home side’s lead, when he found space to strike a tremendous effort past the unfortunate keeper.   Only eight minutes had elapsed and Harwell and Hendred were now three goals ahead.


The home team continued to press.  They forced a corner which the visitors just managed to scramble away.  Scott’s pace showed him break through to let loose a powerful shot which the keeper did well to keep out.   Play was virtually confined to the Drayton half,

Calum, Tom and Scott searching for more openings as the home side swept forward.   Following good movement between Scott and Samuel, Scott produced another fine shot which the keeper pushed away for a corner.   The constant pressure eventually brought its reward.   Ricky and Maili combined to get the ball through to the fast-moving Scott.    His cross into the middle was met by the determined Cody, who was seemingly unchallenged as he guided the ball over the line.   Samuel was  close by and he rushed in to make sure the ball was in the net.    It was Cody’s goal, his hat-trick, and now almost midway through the first half, H&H led by four goals to nil.   Soon afterwards, Jack went close with a strong effort which just went wide.   Cody, Scott and Calum continued to threaten.  Shots by both Scott and Calum were just hacked away by the keeper as H&H  kept up the incessant pressure.


Harvey and Jack came off approx mid-way through the first half, to be replaced by Esmond and Josh.


H&H maintained their domination with Paddy virtually a spectator in the home goal.  Scott found Samuel with a fine ball.  Samuel struck a brilliant effort which, unluckily for him, hit the bar and was cleared.   The home side were not to be denied, however, when a superb clearance by James was quickly picked up by the industrious Cody, who again  found the net with an excellent finish.  With still ten minues left of the first half, Harwell and Hendred led by five goals to nil.


Interplay between Esmond and Tom saw the ball directed towards Calum, but the keeper just managed to get possession.   Calum had an effort which went narrowly past the post and then Cody found the net again, only to be deemed offside.


There was a short stoppage whilst a Drayton player received treatment.  The visitors had not been able to cause any problems to the home defence.   Ricky, Maili and James confidently coped with the limited pressure.  Ricky’s quick tackling much in evidence and Tom was playing an influential role just behind the front strikers.   Drayton had one opportunity as the first half reached its closing stages, but the attempt went well over the bar.     They forced a corner but this came to nothing.   At the other end, Scott was very much involved, almost finding Samuel with a through ball, and then just shooting wide after good approach work by Calum and Cody.


Half-time:   Harwell and Hendred  5.    Drayton Wasps  0.


 At the start of the second half, Harvey and Jack came on, replacing Cody and Esmond.


Within a minute, Harwell and Hendred increased their lead further.  Scott, so quick to break, found Samuel in space.  Samuel immediately hit the ball from distance with great power and direction  -   a superb effort which the keeper was helpless to reach.   

Six goals ahead and still pressing, H&H nearly made it seven, when hesitation in the Drayton defence almost gave Scott an opportunity, but the visitors just managed to  get the ball into touch, conceding a corner in the process.    Drayton cleared, but the home side were soon back on the attack.   Good passing movement between Harvey, Calum and Josh produced another close call for the home defence, Josh’s effort just going past the post.  Josh and Tom combining well as H&H looked to increase their lead further.  Samuel working hard to create more openings.  


Drayton trying so hard to get out of their own half, but when they occasionally managed to do so, they were met by the competent defending of Harvey and James and the always consistent Maili.  The visitors were doing all they could to get forward and after eight minutes of the second half, they had their first serious attempt of the game, a really good effort striking the post.   Moments later, another attempt hit the bar, with Paddy collecting the rebound.


 Scott always looking dangerous when he broke clear.  Jack and Josh working well together.   Pressure by Samuel resulted in a corner for the home side, but Drayton were able to clear.  Successive corners followed for H&H, but again Drayton dealt successfully with the danger.   Jack produced a good ball through to Tom, who advanced quickly but his shot went wide.


After the goal rush of the first half, the second half was proving less eventful.    Halfway through the second half, Jack and Josh came off.  Cody and Esmond came on.   The home side continued to enjoy most of the possession.  A fine ball from Calum gave Tom a great opportunity to advance the scores.   Tom hit a terrific shot which was kicked off the line.  An immediate return effort was handled by a defender.   The referee awarded a penalty which Scott took, but failed to convert, the ball going wide.


Drayton still trying hard to make inroads into the home rearguard.  They forced a corner which came to nothing, then had an effort which just went wide.     Paddy was never being seriously troubled.   The home side were defending in numbers, with Scott coming back from his forward position to help out.   Ricky, much in evidence, never gave any opponent any time on the ball – always quickly into the tackle and get possession.


Movement between James and Samuel saw the ball put through to Scott, who was rapidly away down the wing.  He then produced a fine shot, which the keeper could not handle at first attempt, but managed to regain control and clear.    A fine pass by Ricky to Scott led to a period of panic within the Drayton goal area.  Scott found Tom.  Tom’s shot hit the goalkeeper’s legs.   The ball went loose.  Calum had an attempt which also struck a defender.  Samuel tried to get a shot away.  Several other attempts were made, but eventually Drayton survived.    It seemed another goal was sure to come with H&H so much in the ascendancy.  As the home side advanced again, the ball broke for Calum who found the net with an impressive effort from distance.  The keeper had no chance and Harwell and Hendred were seven goals ahead.


With just four minutes left, the visitors obtained a consolation goal with a great strike by their Joey Bridgman.


Harwell and Hendred made their final change.  Samuel and James came off to be replaced by Josh and Jack.


Drayton forced successive corners towards the end of the game.  Calum back helping his defence as the visitors threatened.   Scott and Jack looking to get their names on the score sheets but to no avail.


 Final Score:  Harwell and Hendred   7.    Drayton Wasps  1.


Scorers:   Harwell and Hendred:   Cody Mitchell (4), Samuel Barham (2),  Calum Sykes.

                Drayton Wasps:   Joey Bridgman.



An outstanding performance by a Harwell and Hendred side, who showed such high standards of commitment and ability.   Drayton worked hard, especially in  the second half, to try and recover from what was really an awful start for them.

Player of the Week  -  Cody Mitchell.


























tell a friend :: comments 0

Match Report

Posted by Andy GreenField on 04-10-11 11:46:20 UTC category 1


Harwell & Hendred U9s v Ardington U9s  (OMBL Cup game)


tell a friend :: comments 0

Under 12's Match Report vs Ardington (Cup Match)

Posted by Jason Craig on 02-10-11 15:41:50 UTC category 6

Harwell and Hendred vs. Ardington (Cup match)


Result: Harwell and Hendred 3:1 Ardington


Team sheet: Thomas Badger (GK), Liam Kay, Thomas Carter, Harry Snozwell, James Barnett, Joe Lilley, Callum Rowe, Tyler Parsons, Grant Rutherford, Harry O’Higgins, Nathan Baker (Subs. –Jacob Rackley, Jack Badger, Harry Page, Tom Craig)


This match was played in blisteringly hot conditions.  The lads dominated in all areas for the entire first half.  They were invariably first to the ball and the desire to play well was evident for all to see.   Callum made a great run on the right side and launched a thunderous shot over the keeper only to bounce off the cross bar. Within two minutes some excellent work from Grant saw him win possession just outside the Ardington area.  The ball was laid off to Tyler who drove in a low, well directed shot into the corner to put the lads one up and stun the visitors.  The goal fired up the lads even further and this time it was Tyler’s turn to be the provider as his persistence just outside the area saw Jo run on to the loose ball and  shoot low again into the corner to build a two goal cushion.  The back four looked solid for the rest of the first half as Ardington tried to get back into the game.  Tom Craig came on for Grant late in the first half.  With just a few minutes to go to half time Liam threaded a ball right across the Ardington area for Jo to run on to a and score his second and give the lads a three goal cushion at half time. 


Howard made some changes in the second half to keep the lads fresh, but for the first twenty minutes of the half, Ardington were absolutely dominant though they went without reward until twenty five minutes intot he second half.  The ball was lobbed intot he area from a wide left position.  There was nothing Thomas could do as Ardington shot into the corner and reduced the deficit to two.  The goal regalvanised the lads who then started to compete again well all over the field.  Harry O’Higgins had a well struck shot saved. Nathan had an equally well taken shot pushed around the posts.  Callum hit the bar from a corner with just five minutes left.  A few injuries dragged out the rest of the game namely one to Thomas Badger who bravely came out for the ball in a fifty, fifty situation.  The match ended with no further additions to the score board.


A magnificent effort from the lads, great to watch and a great pleasure to write about.  Next week Ardington away in the league. 


Chris Kay


tell a friend :: comments 0

Match report

Posted by Andy GreenField on 27-09-11 15:51:38 UTC category 1

17th Sept 2011


tell a friend :: comments 0

Under 12's versus Littlemore

Posted by Jason Craig on 25-09-11 11:48:08 UTC category 1

Harwell and Hendred vs. Littlemore (League match)


Result: Harwell and Hendred 8:1 Littlemore


Team sheet: Thomas Badger (GK), Liam Kay, Thomas Carter, Harry Snozwell, James Barnett, Joe Lilley, Callum Rowe, Tyler Parsons, Grant Rutherford, Harry O’Higgins, Nathan Baker (Subs. –Jacob Rackley, Jack Badger)


The first attack of the game resulted in a goal for the lads.  The attack at pace on the right side of the pitch saw the ball into the area and eventually out to Grant whose low shot was well directed into the corner. Littlemore responded well with a period of sustained pressure, but the back four looked pretty solid. Harry O’Higgins was the initial provider for the second goal as his touch on to Nathan saw a great through ball. Joe was composed as he shot well to put the lads two up within 10 minutes.


The game ebbed and flowed slightly with Littlemore coming close followed almost immediately by a great save from the Littlemore keeper.  Nathan had looped a shot over the bar.  From the goal kick the ball split the defence and Littlemore made no mistake to reduce the deficit to one goal close to half time.  There was hardly any time to write anything down as the ball went straight to the other end from the re start.  Joe’s first shot was well blocked.  The rebound was put in by Joe to give a cushion of two goals at the interval.


The second half saw Jack on for Tyler.  After five minutes Grant made way for Jacob, but an injury to Joe saw Grant called back into service almost immediately. 


Liam started a move down the left side.  Callum provided the pin point cross to Jack who buried the ball in the back of the net to make it 4:1.  The fifth goal came straight after with Nathan’s free kick headed in by Grant.  The sixth goal was great to watch as Grant’s persistence on the left side saw him the cross provider and a neat flick on by Jacob on to Jack who made no mistake in front of goal.  I seem to writing the name Grant a lot, but this time he was the scorer as he ran in on goal to complete a great hatrick.  The eighth goal came from the boot of Harry O’Higgins as his low shot was fiercely struck into the back of the net.


This was a great match to watch for the home supporters.  Still lots to work on but a really positive and enjoyable match.


Chris Kay


tell a friend :: comments 0

HHYFC U10 v Quarry Rovers

Posted by Andy Bell on 25-09-11 11:21:27 UTC category 4

Match Report - Harwell and Hendred Youth 4 - Quarry Rovers 0


tell a friend :: comments 0

HHYFC Under 8's Match Report

Posted by Jamie Walthall on 21-09-11 21:14:22 UTC category 1

Game 1:


Goal Keeper: Guy

Defence: Latham and Charlie

Midfield: Freddie

Wing: Finn & Bailey

Striker: Ethan

Bench: Sam, James & Isaac


This was the opening match of the Under 8’s Campaign which saw them away to Botley Boys for the 1stgame of the season.


The 1stgame started well with an early shot by Bailey, and then following this a break by Freddie with a ricochet of a shot which flew off the bar.  Picking up the ricochet Ethan managed to put the ball in the goal – 1 -0 to Harwell & Hendred


Latham and Charlie provided good covering clearances at the back and Freddie pushed forward putting pressure on the already creaky Botley defence.  Bailey from a goal kick managed to secure possession and slammed home goal number 2.  2 – 0 to Harwell & Hendred


From the kick off it was a frenetic pace with Harwell & Hendred pushing forward with a strike from Finn which was followed up by Freddie which was just wide of the mark.  Latham was able to clear into the box and there was a break by Botley leading to a goal.  2 – 1 to Harwell & Hendred


From the restart there was a fast response from Harwell & Hendred with Freddie tearing up the pitch, slotting a cross to Ethan, goal!  3 – 1 to Harwell & Hendred


From the kick off there was a further break by Finn with a clearance by Charlie.  This was crossed to Freddie which was subsequently, much to the disappointment of the Botley crowd, an own goal.  Halftime score: 4 – 1 to Harwell & Hendred


Following half-time Harwell & Hendred were rampant in the ascendency with Bailey putting Botley under pressure but a foul on Finn, hence a dropped ball (cries of “Not a free kick?” from the Harwell & Hendred massive!)  Again clearances by Charlie with the ball falling to Bailey who pushed it wide to Finn, however, the ball fell into the wrong hands and the clearance was picked up by Botley and they swooped in to score.  4 – 2 to Harwell & Hendred


There was a good goal kick from Latham to Finn which put further pressure on Botley with a good clearance by Latham which was followed up with Finn slotting a ball through to Ethan and that led to goal number 5 by full time. 


An excellent start for the boys showing some good passing and good awareness of space on the pitch.


End Result:  5 – 2 to Harwell & Hendred



Game 2:


Goal Keeper: Latham

Defence: Freddie & Charlie

Midfield: Guy

Wing: Sam & Isaac

Striker: James


This was the debut for James having recently moved up from Richard’s Academy and what a start this turned out to be! From the kick off the pace was frenetic with Sam passing to Guy with numerous throw-ins and Finn securing a shot which was just wide of the mark.


Straight from the goal kick, Guy picked the ball up and slammed it home in what the Harwell & Hendred Massive thought was a goal as the ball had obviously crossed the line.  However, the chap (Botley Fan) stood by the goal with his umbrella (Ella, Ella - Look out Rihanna!) was obviously looking the opposite way at the time!!  The Harwell & Hendred Massive were in complete up roar at this point.


Further pressure put on Harwell & Hendred by Botley, but Charlie and Freddie were solid at the back with Charlie launching a ball forward which fell straight at Guy’s feet which he slammed home.  1 – 0 to Harwell & Hendred


From the kick off Finn was able to recoup the ball and with Charlie coming in for a clearance on an early Botley break he was unfortunately injured and had to come off.  James was put on and pressure from Harwell & Hendred showed a creaky defence by Botley Boys with Freddie taking the ball from defence down the line, slotting it across to James in the middle who scored. What a debut for the new youngster!  2 – 0 to Harwell & Hendred


From the kick off Guy was able to secure possession and pass this down the line to Isaac who blasted a shot but this was just wide. 


Again Freddie, from the kick off, was able to secure the ball and had a shot from his own half which was unfortunately just wide.  Halftime score: 2 – 0 to Harwell & Hendred


In the second half Bailey came on and Finn went off for a well deserved rest.  Freddie’s tackling was inspired as Botley pushed forward.


However, solid clearances from the back led to a break by Guy but the goal keeper was able to save this, forcing a corner.  The short corner from Guy to Sam with Freddie and James combining in the box, however they were unable to secure a further goal.


Harwell & Hendred showed great vision in tracking to cover; however, this led to a foul on Bailey, hence the free kick.  Bailey slotted the ball through to Freddie and again the shot was just wide. 


Following the corner Harwell & Hendred put further pressure on the Botley defence which led to Freddie being bought down and screams of “Penalty” from all around (particularly the Harwell & Hendred Massive!)


Freddie placed the ball on the spot took several steps back and blasted the ball into the top centre of the goal, leaving the Botley keeper with more chance of meeting Elvis in Tesco than saving that rocket!  3 – 0 to Harwell & Hendred


Following the re-start there was a further break, Isaac and multiple shops by Sam and James were saved.  James was able to dance around the Botley defence, setting Isaac up for a shot which resulted in three further shots, which the keeper saved; unfortunately none of them were able to find the net.


The game came to an end with a 3 – 0 win to Harwell & Hendred.




Game 3:


Slight change to the line up with Charlie pushing up to the Left Wing.


From the kick off Harwell & Hendred were sniffing out a third win to try and obtain a clean sweep. Charlie was able to clear to Finn with Latham going straight up the middle (like a bull – no resemblance to the great man himself a.k.a father to Latham – Coach Johnny).


The first half saw Bailey push forward but with shots by Botley, the boys retreated but there was safety in numbers at the back.  Latham was able to slot the ball down the line to Finn whose shot was just wide.


Botley sniffing they may get something out of this game pushed forward; however, Charlie and Finn were able to secure the ball.  Sadly this resulted in a foul on the far side when Guy took one to the “McNuggets”.  The swift kick to the proverbials brought tears to the whole Harwell & Hendred Massive.  Following the threat of the magic sponge, Guy was up and running around like a kid possessed. 

The re-start saw Ethan push forward, slotting the ball through to Finn which resulted in a corner.  There was a goal mouth scramble with shots being parried by the keeper from Guy, Finn, Charlie and Bailey. 


Botley were able to clear their line and press forward, however, they were swiftly cut off due to lovely passing from Finn to Guy which led to Bailey and Ethan both having shots which were just wide of the mark. 


Some nifty trickery by Guy saw his shot being turned round the post for a corner.  The corner saw a save by Botley with No 7 for Botley being taken out by Charlie (legally of course).

Repeated throw-ins to Harwell & Hendred occurred down the left hand side of the pitch, however, it proved a fruitless half for Harwell & Hendred. 


Halftime saw a change to the line up with Latham and James in defence, Sam in goal, Freddie on for Guy, with Isaac and Charlie on the wings and Bailey up front.


From the off, the ball was slotted through to Charlie who unleashed a cannon of a shot which was just wide of post (bet the keeper was thankful for this).  This resulted in a corner.  Botley were able to clear their line, however, Harwell and Hendred sniffing a chance for the win, broke down the right hand side with Isaac pushing forward and slotting the ball through to Guy, however, the shot by Freddie was cleared and Botley continued to pressure and secured a corner.  During this passage of play there was some, as Coach Dave would say “agricultural defending!” by Botley, with Freddie being taken down and awarded a free kick. 


The free kick led to some beautiful one touch passing between Bailey, Charlie and Freddie and back to Bailey with his shot being pushed wide. 


Freddie, securing possession, broke down the left hand side of the pitch and slammed his foot through the ball but again this resulted in the ball hitting the side netting.


No 7 for Botley went on a bit of wander down field but was soon put in his place by Latham who secured possession and slotted a beautifully waited pass through to Bailey which saw Charlie have a shot which was again wide, hitting the side netting.


The dying seconds of the game were approaching when Freddie saw a break and shot down the centre of the field and unleashed a shot which left the Botley keeper rooted to the spot. 


1 – 0 to Harwell & Hendred at fulltime



An excellent start for the boys on their first game of the season with a clean sweep of three wins.  A big up to the Harwell & Hendred Massive and of course thanks to Coach Dave and associates.


Journo for the day – Jamie Walthall


tell a friend :: comments 0

Goalkeeper training

Posted by James Bradley on 20-09-11 17:28:47 UTC category 1





All age groups and standards call James 07881 658897 for more details or just turn up

tell a friend :: comments 0

Match Report

Posted by Martin Barham on 19-09-11 21:21:00 UTC category 5


18/9/11  Harwell & Hendred v Wheatley Boys (Home League Match).

 Team Sheet:  Paddy Maddock (GK),  Calum Sykes, Maili Nugent, George Broom,

Tom Cooper. Harvey Dunsdon, Esmond Martin, James McFarland, Cody Mitchell,

Scott Webb, Jack Cooper.

Samuel Barham (sub), Ricky Mullins (sub), Josh Legge (sub)

After last week’s tremendous victory at Abingdon, Harwell and Hendred were naturally full of confidence for this first home league match of the season.   There were a number of changes to the starting line-up with Cody, George and Jack coming in for Samuel, Ricky and Josh.

Early moves saw Esmond and Calum going forward with support from Harvey.

Wheatley had an effort comfortably taken by Paddy, before Cody almost reached a through ball from Jack, only for the keeper to get there first. The visitors were looking to put pressure on the H&H defence.   Paddy made a fine save, pushing the ball away for a corner, and then Maili completed an effective clearance.

George was looking impressive in his defensive role and was linking well with Scott, whose speed and sheer persistence was beginning to trouble the away defenders.

Maili found Scott with a great through pass.  Scott made  room for himself and then delivered a powerful shot which just cleared the bar.  Not long afterwards he broke through again, only for his effort to hit the bar.   Harwell and Hendred were very much on the offensive, forcing several corners.   Cody had an attempt with just went wide.

Wheatley were finding it difficult to contain Scott, who was looking dangerous every time he went forward.   The lively Cody again went close, and then the away keeper made a fine save to keep out a great shot from Tom.    Scott’s cross into the Wheatley penalty area was just scrambled away as the home side threatened.   From the resulting melee, Jack’s attempt just went wide.  

Wheatley were very fortunate to be still level, but then broke themselves only for the opportunity to be missed, when their striker shot wide from a good position.

Esmond very much in the game, trying hard to create an opening through a determined away rearguard.  He managed to get one shot away, but it went straight at the keeper.

Midway through the first half, Ricky, Samuel and Josh came on, replacing Maili, Calum and James.   There was a slight stoppage due to an injury to George, but he was able to continue.  Cody also had a knock, but he was also able to carry on.    Scott again broke through, after picking up a ball from Ricky.  Unfortunately the ball ran away from him and went harmlessly wide.

Wheatley containing Harwell and Hendred’s movement forward as the first half proceeded.  There were no clear scoring opportunities.  Scott was almost through but a superb late tackle saved the day for the visitors.    With the first half coming to an end, Maili came on to replace Josh.   Wheatley achieved their first corner of the game after about 29 minutes, but it was well cleared by H&H.   Just about a minute later, Paddy did well to push away a fine effort from one of the Wheatley strikers, the ball going for a corner.  Maili cleared as the half-time whistle went.

 Half-time:   Harwell and Hendred  0.   Wheatley Boys  0.

The start of the second half saw Ricky, Maili and Samuel coming off, to be replaced by Calum, James and Josh.    Early exchanges saw both defences being very much on top.  Wheatley had a chance but the attempt went over the bar.   Cody caught offside as H&H pressed.  Deadlock was broken when after about four minutes, a great pass from Harvey found Jack.  Jack put a really fine ball across the face of the goal.  Defender headed clear but it fell to Scott, who directed a long ball forward.  The keeper came to take possession, but failed to handle it well, the ball spinning away for a corner.  Scott took a perfect corner, well met by Calum, whose superb header flashed across the goal where Jack provided the finishing touch.    One goal up, H&H went forward again- another corner but cleared by the visitors.   Harvey and Jack combining well again to provide an opening for Cody, who shot narrowly wide.    Tom also had an attempt which just went wide, before Scott broke away again.  His centre across the face of the goal was missed by the keeper.  It fell to Jack who put the ball back into the middle, where it was met by Cody, who just couldn’t get an effective effort away.  


Wheatley had to make a substitution following an injury to one of their players.

The visitors almost found an equaliser, when their long ball forward nearly crept over the line, before being kicked away by Josh for a corner.  The corner was cleared.

Within a few minutes, H&H were moving with purpose into the Wheatley half.  A linesman was frantically waving his flag  for presumably some infringement, but the referee allowed play to continue, and there was Calum quick to take his chance and put his side two goals ahead.    Tom had an effort which just went wide, before the home side scored again.   The quick-thinking Calum took advantage of a mistake by a Wheatley defender to direct a powerful effort past the keeper.  H&H were now three goals to the good and Calum had achieved his second.

Half way through the second half, Ricky, Samuel and Maili came on to replace Calum , Esmond and Josh.

Harvey again found Jack with a great pass.  Jack, in turn, sent a penetrating ball into the middle, where it was met by Scott, who just shot over.   Scott had another effort kicked off the line, the ball going for a corner.  Tom met the corner with a strong header but it was well taken by the keeper.

James, who was having a fine match, put a superb ball through to Jack, who just failed to make contact before the keeper took possession.   Scott, always never far from the action, picked up a ball from Ricky and sent in another terrific shot  and hit the bar for the second time in the game.  From the rebound, Cody headed wide.   It just wasn’t Scott’s day !

Wheatley were just not in the match at all at this stage.  Cody again went close, and Tom had a header saved by the keeper.  There was some great interplay between Ricky, George, Samuel and Scott with the visitors just not able to get hold of the ball.

Corner to H&H taken by Jack, met by Ricky.  Ricky laid the ball off to Samuel, who drove the ball goalwards.   The shot hit the keeper’s legs before being scrambled away.

Ricky again involved as he again fed Samuel.   The keeper failed to hold Samuel’s attempt and Tom reacted quickly to fire the loose ball into the net.

Four goals ahead was a true reflection of Harwell and Hendred’s dominance during the second half.  With less than six minutes left, Scott was taken off to be replaced by Josh.

Tom’s strength showed as he again tested the keeper.  Jack, who’d had a fine game throughout, broke clear, put a fine ball into the middle where, unfortunately, Cody was deemed offside.  With only two minutes to go, the visitors had probably their solitary serious attack of the second half and were unlucky not to reduce the arrears, when a good effort struck the post.

Full-time:   Harwell and Hendred  4.   Wheatley Boys  0.

Scorers:      Harwell and Hendred:   Calum Sykes (2), Jack Cooper, Tom Cooper.

Another fine display by this very strong and talented Harwell and Hendred side.

Unlucky not to be in front by half-time, their consistent pressure during the second half  brought its reward against a hard-working Wheatley.   Player of the Week went to George Broom.

Jim  Hughes








tell a friend :: comments 0

<< Prev 1 2 329 30 31 32 Next >>